Sep 9, 2009

The Fine Print

"Insurance?  That's for pessimists"  -Out of Africa
So, I am taking out travel insurance for all of the usual things that might happen on adventures, and reading the fine print I had to laugh at this:

Specific policy amendments for residents of Alaska

The certificate to which this rider is attached is amended as follows:
  1. In the section entitled What this certificate excludes, the exclusion related to terrorism is deleted. 
Huh.  So does that mean that somehow Alaska residents are perceived to have 0 risk from acts of terrorism?  Or that we are so obviously targets that the insurance company has decided that exclusion of protection is simply not an option?  I am so confused.

In other news, I've had adventures already with the fine print for my Air China flight from Beijing to Moscow - apparently they changed to a winter schedule last week, canceling my flight and booking me on an earlier one.  Too bad I wasn't scheduled to arrive in Beijing until after that flight left...  After much nail biting and strong feelings of anger and aggression towards the travel company that the airline advised me to use, I am now rebooked on an earlier flight out of the US.  Friday morning instead of Saturday morning.  Scrambling has begun.  All part of the Joy of Travel.  Oh, and there is about a 20 hour layover in Beijing.  I'm going to be taking a lot of airport photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment