Sep 3, 2009

я помню: Russia 1998




 
Old photographs from my American Field Service program in Russia, 1998.  The first photo is of the 8 international students traveling by train to Nizhny Novgorod region.  I went on from NN to Zavolzhie, tiny town on the Volga. 
2nd photo is of my extended Russian host family, in our kvartira (apartment). 
3rd photo is of the main road in Zavolzhie, at the corner of the outdoor market in winter, with a babushka selling basic goods. 
The next two photos: one of my favorite adventures in the Russian countryside - in the fall, the entire town (or so it seems) goes out to pick mushrooms (gribi) in the forest.  My host sister and I with our basket of mushrooms, and the drying rack in our kitchen full of the harvest. 
Last photo: AFS Russia students in Moscow, just arrived.

1 comment: